- Notice of redundant publication
- Open Access
Notice of redundant publication: Surgical resection for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST): Experience on 25 patients
© Boni et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2008
- Received: 22 February 2008
- Accepted: 27 February 2008
- Published: 27 February 2008
- Public Health
- Stromal Tumor
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor
- Scandinavian Journal
- World Journal
Our article previously published in World Journal of Surgical Oncology  was prepared as an update to an earlier article published in Scandinavian Journal of Surgery , examining data from a further six patients in addition to the 19 studied in the first article. As such the WJSO article was produced in the belief that this information would be of interest to those in the field.
Despite substantial overlap with the article published in Scandinavian Journal of Surgery, the original article was not referenced in our WJSO article; we would like to apologise to the Editors and readers of WJSO for any ambiguity this may have caused.
We would also like to apologise to Dr Besana-Ciani, first author of the original article, as her contributions to the study were not acknowledged in the second article.
- Boni Luigi, Benevento Angelo, Dionigi Gianlorenzo, Rovera Francesca, Dionigi Renzo: Surgical resection for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST): experience on 25 patients. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2005, 3: 78-10.1186/1477-7819-3-78.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Besana-Ciani I, Boni L, Dionigi G, Benevento A, Dionigi R: Outcome and long term results of surgical resection for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). Scand J Surg. 2003, 92 (3): 195-9.PubMedGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.